Thursday, July 15, 2010

Introduction to Blog

Hello,

This my first entry into my first blog. Needless to say it is exciting but a little stressful since, as I said, 'it is my first entry ... first blog.'

I hope the title makes sense. It seems pretty straight-forward to me. I first see or hear of some new idea from a source (people, articles, online, etc.) and, if it catches my educational fancy, I start to ponder. Can I use it? Would I know how? How can I find more information?

However, although I am always excited to read about some new ideas, theories, or activities I will dump it fast if I cannot use it in my classroom. There is where the practice and produce enters the process. I immediately want to start setting it up and practice to see if it is profitable for my students. I practice on them all the time, but not so much as to send them around the bend.

My shining moments come when I find that idea that then begins to produce learning in my students.

We all try many things in our classrooms with our students. Some work and some don't, but those shining moments are what keep us all willing to keep on looking and keep on trying.

May I never stop looking and learning.

Pat

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blog world! I enjoyed reading your post and your page looks great. When you feel brave, so adding some widgets to your page to help yours words to get out to more people.
    Keeping thinking and writing,
    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cong. I am a teacher of English in Qatar hoping to find more information on your blog referring to ICT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you'll enjoy it. Just make it fun and even use it for venting

    ReplyDelete