Monday, July 26, 2010

New Assignment ! ! !

Well, I am pondering once again, but in a totally different direction than my last blog. My background in teaching includes 2nd, 3rd, and 5th grade contained classrooms as well as junior high and high school math. I had a meeting last Friday with the High School Principal of the private school where I teach, and I will be teaching math next year anywhere from Pre-algebra through Algebra II. Much different than my last blog indicated.

It's OK! I love teaching math and I really hope I can teach geometry, but now I need to change gears quite a bit regarding the Web 2.0 ideas I was putting together, since they were all for what I thought would be my 3rd grade contained classroom.

I've already been searching the internet for sites that look helpful for my new assignment!

Well, I hope before school starts I get a good handle on what I want to do regarding technology in the classroom now that I am back teaching math. I want to have a chance to jump to the practice stage before August!

Oh, by the way, I have been using www.portaportal.com to keep track of all my links. If you have been putting off organizing your bookmarks, try it. It is really easy to set up. You can categorize your links, and if you give a friend your user name they can get on as a guest and check out your links without the ability to change anything. I know there are other bookmark management sites out there, but this one is really easy to use.

Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment